Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

Liebster Blog Award

Yay for Friday! I'm so super looking forward to my weekend. It's been a big week. 

I'm just stopping by to say Thank You to The Gingham GingerLive Well & Breathe & Miya Loves for all nominating me for a Liebster Blog Award. 

I haven't done anything about the nominations until now, because I wasn't sure that I wanted to participate. I appreciate the hell out of the nominations, and out of my readers, but I don't know that I like the idea of participating in what is basically a 'chain letter' thing. 

It's not that I am not grateful, because believe me I am, to be nominated not just once, but 3 times, is absolutely amazing! It's great to know that people read and enjoy my blog. And it's not that I don't want to show my appreciation for blogs that I enjoy, I'm just not sure that this is the way to do it. 

I'm still not sure yet, what I want to do. This may make me sound like a real bitch, but it's the way I feel. I also feel that I am fairly open with my blogging. There isn't much that I don't share here. And that's because I feel like it's an online diary, of sorts. I like to keep it real. 

Anyway...I'm still mulling it over. What are your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the Liebster Award and others that are along the same vein... I think it's fine that other people want to play, and sweet when people think to recognize me and tag me in it, but... After I participated in it once, I was done with it.

    Because the thing to me is... And this is going to sound so jaded and bitchy... It's not an award. It's a meme... a meme that guilts you into participating by calling itself an award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that feels this way about it! x

      Delete
  2. It is nice when people nominate you for these things, but I do not do them anymore...and it doesn't make you a mean person. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a chain. No pressure. It's just a way to meet other bloggers and have something to post about. Sometimes I do them, sometimes i don't.

    ReplyDelete