Pages

Monday 6 February 2012

Cheesy Toast & Brain Training

I didn't actually get a weekend this weekend. I was busy being Certified as a NeurOptimal Neurofeedback trainer. I've been working as a trainer a little since December, and now I'm certified, I will hopefully be doing much more of it. But, because of this, I didn't get any time to cook or bake. I did, however, make some of my cheese on toast. This is one of my favourite fast, easy recipes. And it tastes so good. 


I also managed to get to see my newly married friends, back from their honeymoon. We did our favourite thing to do, went to the amazing food court in Wembley for dinner, came home, drank some bubbles (beer for the boys) and watched TV. We watched a film called Tucker and Dale vs Evil. It was absolutely hilarious. A different take on the hillbilly's slashing college kids horror films. Check it out. You won't regret it. 


Ingredients


1 tin of Persian feta (or another soft cheese of your choice
2 cups grated cheddar of your choice
6-8 slices of bread of your choice
Seeded mustard


Method


I like to use this bread

















because it's already partly baked, it has herbs and oil on it, and it goes super crunchy. But of course, you can use any bread you like. 


Spread a generous helping of seeded mustard over the bread







then squidge on your Persian feta. I like to use this, because it's marinated in herbs and olive oil, and it's nice to get a bit of the oil onto the bread. I usually use an entire tin. Spread it on nice and thick, don't be shy of it. 

















Once the feta is all on, and, if you are anything like me, you've got oil everywhere, it's time to top with the cheddar. Now, you can use absolutely any cheddar you like. I tend to use the stronger ones, like a Pyengana. You can also use a Gruyere instead of a cheddar. My favourite is the Marcel Petit Gruyere de Compte


Heap the cheese on top of the bread until all the feta is covered. 





Then just place the under the grill, or in the oven, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. 






















This week brings with it much quieter times. I will be able to actually spend some time at home, baking and maybe even crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment