Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas!

I’m currently sitting at work, panicking about all the things I still have to do before Christmas, and I’m starting to think I have a few long days ahead of me.

I’ve decided this year, for the first time, but hopefully not the last, to make all my Christmas gifts. And while I’m good in the kitchen, I’m not so good with the arts and crafts. So, everyone is getting some sort of food based gift; ranging from homemade mueslis layered in a tall jar, to homemade food/hand sugar scrubs. I felt, up until today, that I had made a good start in putting all the gifts together. I have had the ingredients since the last week in November, but when I think about it, I still have to make the scrubs, lemon squash, and mueslis and make up my tea sampler packs. Once that’s done, I still have to make mince pies, chocolate loaf, brandy butter sauce, vanilla ice-cream, and put my Christmas crackers together. Phew.

On top of all of that, my girlfriends and I have decided to have a Christmas party this Sunday, where we all bring a main and a dessert dish. This is brought on by our mutual love of both Christmas and good food. And while I’ve opted to make relatively easy dishes (a cob dip loaf and a Pavlova) it’s finding the time to make them that is the hard part.

Oh well, I’m heading to my folks house tonight to help them put up the tree and wrap their gifts. That should hopefully take my mind off how much I have to do for a few hours.

I think Saturday is going to be a full day in the kitchen, and on my feet. Wish me luck

(PS I’ll post pictures of my presents, food & the accompanying recipes when I have a chance!)

1 comment: