Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Books, Books, Books!

On my '30 by 30' list, I've got 'Read 15 new books'. I put this on there to remind to me read. I absolutely love to read. I always have. When I was younger it was rare to find me without a book in my hand. But, the usual happens, you grow up and have other responsibilities  and don't find the time so much anymore. But, I'm decided not to let that happen. I have definitely rediscovered my love of reading, and I am making time to read every day. Even if it's just a few pages. 

Now, I've always been hugely opposed to e-readers. They are not books. Holding an electronic device that you tap to turn the page, is nothing like holding a real book, and turning the page. A real book, with that book smell, and the imperfections in the print. I love them. But, and I say this EXTREMELY reluctantly, I have grown to love reading on my iPad. And, this is only because I've just moved. And, moving my books was an absolute nightmare. As much as I love books, and perusing the used book store, e-readers are just so convenient  I need a book, I search for the one I want on the Kindle store, and 2 minutes later its on my iPad. 

Plus, I updated my Kindle wishlist, and let all my friends and family know, and the next thing I knew, I had 2 books gifted to me. Ready to read, right there. As much as I love real books, and swore I would NEVER EVER EVER use an e-reader, I caved. I caved to the convenience  It's often cheaper, I don't have to find space to store my books, and I never have to pack and move them!

Anyway, that rant is not what this post was about! I was dropping in to share the list of books I plan to read. I've already read a few this year, but I've got a huge list to get through before April 2014!

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a sucker for romance novels. Especially ones about cowboys. I like to read these in between reading 'real' books. Like a palate cleanser, if you will. So, don't be shocked when some of these book show up in my list :) I've marked off the ones that I've read so far. 


  1. Two Whole Cakes: Stop Dieting and Learn To Love Your Body- Lezley Kinzel
  2. Bootscootin' Blahniks - D.D Scott
  3. Lessons From The Fat-o-sphere: Quit Dieting and Declare a Truce With Your Body- Kate Harding & Marianne Kirby
  4. Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) - Mindy Kaling
  5. Stompin' On Stetsons - D.D. Scott
  6. Hot & Heavy: Fierce Fat Girls on Life, Love & Fashion - Virgie Tovar
  7. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - Susanna Clarke
  8. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
  9. Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight - Linda Bacon
  10. The Obesity Myth: Why America's Obsession with Weight is Hazardous to Your Health - Paul Campos
  11. The Unapologetic Fat Girl's Guide to Exercise and Other Incendiary Acts - Hanne Blank
  12. Bossypants - Tina Fey
  13. Oh Dear Silvia - Dawn French
  14. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
  15. Down Among the Dead Men - Michelle Williams
I'm hoping to read more than the 15 on this list, but we will see. So far, my favourites have been Lessons From the Fat-o-Sphere, and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?. 

Yes, this is a real book. It's the last I bought.


Maybe, I'll do some reviews in another post...??

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by to let you know I awarded you the liebster blog award. http://www.theginghamginger.com/2013/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete