Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Christmas Trees, Santa & Teriyaki Chicken

I love that it is finally December! It makes my excitement at the season seem much less insane. I have watched 4 Christmas movies already, and I plan to make it at least 25 by Christmas day. 

We had a Christmas breakfast on Sunday with Jesse's family, as his parents & brother are going away. We did a secret Santa  and I GOT THE MOST AMAZING GIFT EVER! The Jump From Paper bag I have been lusting after for months. I nearly screamed with excitement when I saw it, but thought I better restrain myself :)

It is even more amazing in real life. My mum wants one now too :) I popper over there on Sunday afternoon to put the Christmas tree up




They're all my Christmas presents under the tree. No one else is as organised :)

Anyway, this post is really about Teriyaki chicken. I've started making it a bit recently, because (I'm going to say it again!) it's so simple, and so tasty!

Ingredients

500gm chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
4 Tbs soy sauce
4 Tbs honey
3 Tbs plain flour
Enough rice for 2 people

Method

Cut your chicken thighs into bite sized pieces  and toss them in the plain flour to coat. Heat  a decent glug of oil in a pan over a medium heat. While this is heating, get your rice on. Cook it via whatever method you like to cook your rice. I personally use my Tupperware rice cooker.

Once the oil is hot, place your chicken pieces in the pan. You don't want to crowd the pan, so you might need to cook it in 2 batches (I usually do) cook on one side until it's nice and golden and a little crispy, and then turn over and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.

While the chicken is cooking, combine your soy sauce and honey in a bowl, and give it a good mix to combine. Once all the chicken is cooked, return all the pieces to the pan, and pour over the sauce. Make sure all the chicken pieces get coated in the sauce. It will bubble and reduce a little. 

Serve chicken atop rice, and pour over any sauce that remained in the pan. I like to cover my rice in the sauce, so this recipe yields enough sauce to be able to do that if you wish. 


See, quick and easy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! And I love your Christmas tree. I feel like I've run behind on the Christmas movie watching this year, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to restrain myself from starting the watching in November, but I feel now that it's actually December, I can go nuts! hehe. You've still got 20 days, plenty of time to get your Christmas movies on! :)

      Delete