Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

My New Favourite Meal

A couple of weeks ago, I was seriously wanting some brussels sprouts. I know that lots of people don't like them, and I honestly believe it's just because they aren't doing it right. This whole steaming it until it's pale and bitter and soggy just won't do. But, when they are cooked correctly, they are super delicious. I teamed mine with some crispy bacon, and a sprinkling of Parmesan. There are no hard and fast rules with quantities in this recipe, just whatever takes your fancy!

Ingredients

brussels sprouts - about 3-4 per person, stem and outer leaves removed, halved.
bacon - as much as you like! roughly chopped
butter - a large knob
Parmesan - again as much as you like.
Salt and pepper

Method


Cook your bacon until it's nice and crispy, and set aside. In the same pan, add a nice dollop of butter, and your brussles, face down. 


Cook them for about 5 minutes, until they are slightly caramelised. Add more butter if you need/want too. Then turn them over and cook the other side. I ALWAYS add more butter here.


Cook them on this side for about 5 minutes. Then pop them on a plate, season with salt and pepper, top with your bacon and Parmesan. Then stuff them in your mouth because they are the most delicious things ever!


I've eaten this meal at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I made it for Jesse and added haloumi to the mix. That was super awesome too. But seriously, once you try brussels this way, you'll never go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment