Pages

Friday 17 August 2012

Food Is Always On My Mind - P'Tite Ardoise Bistro

Once a month, Jesse organises a BYO Wednesday event. Which is basically where a bunch of people get together to eat some food and drink some wine. Usually there is a wine theme, and everyone brings a bottle and we taste it blind. But, this month was a little different. We did a Australian vs French Chardonnay. Jesse picked 8 different chardonnays for us to try. It was super, super fun. 

But, this post is really about where we ate. P'tite Ardoise Bistro in Highgate. It's a little French bistro, and the food was brilliant. All the waitstaff are French, and they have a classic menu, and a daily menu. 

Jesse and I thought we had it all figured out. He was going to order the duck, and I a steak and we would share. It didn't work out that way...oh well!


Twice cooked duck L'orange

Jesse had the Cassoulet


Crème brûlée. I didn't want to share, but I let Jesse have a taste.


I left them a dinosaur
The duck was amazing. Soft, melt off the bone meat, with a crunchy, sticky skin. The orange sauce was lovely, not too overpowering. I probably coulda eaten two serves! Jesse's cassoulet was also lovely. But, really, I just went along for the Crème brûlée. Anyone who knows me well, knows that it's my dessert. If it's on a menu, I will always chose it. Even in France, with all the other pâtisserie to choose, if it's dessert, it has to be Crème brûlée. This one certainly didn't disappoint! It was visually appealing, with the Eiffel Tower biscuit, and the strawberry. The crack was perfect, the sugar wasn't burnt, and the custard was smooth and vanilla-ey. YUM!

I really want to go back to P'tite Ardoise and try the other things on the menu. And eat more Crème brûlée of course!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to get together. I get together every wednesday with a couple of friends to paint and make art together, which is also loads of fun!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting together with people you get along well with, and having time to do the things you enjoy doing, with them, is the best! I like to try to do something like that each week too!

      Delete