Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2014

London Trip - PARIS!

We were super duper lucky to be given train tickets to Paris for our birthdays too. We left London super early Monday morning to make the most of our 4 days in Paris. 

MONDAY - We took the Eurostar at 7am, which meant we arrived in Paris about 10am. We took a taxi to our hotel, and had a bit of a chill before heading out to explore. 

Eurostar Selfie


We headed out to find a little bistro Jesse wanted to eat at. It was right near our hotel. We both had the Croque Monsieur. And then we ordered the Comte. 


omg so good. We were still pretty tired, so we just took a walk along the river to Notre Dame



After the walk back, we had a nap until dinner. We went just round the corner to another place that Jesse wanted to try. The food was simple, good ingredients done well, no pomp. It was yummy. I had the pate, confit duck and then tarte tatin. 






TUESDAY  - I won't lie. I was most looking forward to breakfast. 


Just perfect!! After we'd enjoyed our breakfast, we took a walk to Musee D'Orsay. I did manage to walk us the wrong way. For some reason it took me a while to get my bearings. But, we got there in the end!



After a wander around the Museum, we headed to Le Petit Jacob and proceeded to have the best meal we had in Paris. 


OMG this lentil salad was to die for. Could have eaten double this. 

I had the parma ham sandwich. Omg that lettuce was amazing.

Jesse had onion tart

of course I had a nutella crepe to finish!
After lunch we went back to the hotel for a little nap. When we woke up we decided to have a walk through the Tulleries before dinner. I have never ever seen Jesse eat so much as on this trip. I was still full from lunch, but he ate a croissant. And then an ice cream. 


We decided to stop and have a pre-dinner drink too. Jesse ordered a giant beer



We went to try to find a restaurant that Jesse wanted to try, but when we got there they said they were closed for a private party. When we walked past later that night on our way home, it certainly didn't look like it, we think they didn't like the look of us. Too bad for them, because we ended up at a place that had nutella creme brulee. 

Best burger I ate all trip. The meat was so delicious.


On the walk back to the hotel, Jesse convinced me to buy a beret. And the photobombed me. 


WEDNESDAY - We decided to have patisserie for breakfast.




Jesse challenged me to eat the creme brulee without a spoon. I accepted, and nailed that challenge. 

After breakfast we went to the Louvre to see the Egyptian Antiquities before heading to the hotel for a a lunch of bread and cheese and a nap before Moulin Rouge



It was so much fun! If you are in Paris, it is so worth the money. This is the second time I've been, and it's just fun!!

THURSDAY - We didn't do a lot today. We were pretty tired, and ready to head back to London. We ate some breakfast, checked out of the hotel, went to Sacre Coeur, ate some lunch (The best creme brulee I've ever eaten) bought some treats to take back to London, and then headed to the train!

Stay tuned for our last week in London!