Pages

Friday 3 October 2014

London - Days 8-11

I'm finally back in the land of the living. That jet lag was hell, but I finally slept through the night last night, and hope to again tonight. I've got 2 more London posts left! And then it will be back to regular schedules programming.

FRIDAY  - We were so exhausted from Paris we did nothing today. We sat around a read and chilled out. Then we went round to my Aunt's for dinner. It was totally amazing. It was a really really enjoyable night. 

SATURDAY - We met up with a friend from Perth, who has just moved to London, for some drinks in Exmouth Market. I totally fell in love with Camden Brewery Gentleman's Wit. Now, if you know me, you know that I don't normally drink, but I had 2 pints!! It's so yummy. We also had lunch. I had these super cute sliders


After lunch we headed over to my Cousins for dinner. They made amazing slow roasted lamb with all the trimmings. It was delish!

SUNDAY - We headed to the Tower of London to see the poppy display. There are hundreds of ceramic hand made poppies spilling out from the tower. It's a tribute to remembrance day. It was absolutely stunning.

















After we walked around the tower, we walked over Tower Bridge and then down to London bridge to catch the tube home. 

MONDAY - We decided to head to the British Museum, Jesse wanted to go play some Ingress, so I had a bit of a solo shopping adventure before we met at the museum. First things first, lunch. 


That is sweet and sour pork. It was pretty damn amazing.

After the museum we headed home for a bit. We were going to have dinner and then go down to ride the Eye, but we ate all the Peking Duck and were too full to move.


So, we stayed in and watched TV instead!