Pages

Friday 4 July 2014

Perth Curvettes Modern Princesses - Princess Buttercup

Hello everyone!! I totally forgot to mention that the new Perth Curvettes challenge is Princesses!! This can be Disney, real or other. It's a reimagining, inspiration or a copy. This is going to be such a fun challenge. 

I'm kicking mine of with my all time favourite princess - Princess Buttercup. 



I am a big fan of The Princess Bride, both the book and the film (if you haven't read the book, I strongly suggest you read it!), so Buttercup seemed like a good first choice for me. 

Now, I don't do red. So, I have taken inspiration from her outfit, and created my own Princess Buttercup outfit. 





My signature colour is pink, so I figured that would be a good colour to choose. Plus, it's a bold colour, just like Buttercups red dress. 





I kept my makeup simple - some BB cream and a dash of mascara, and just tied my hair simply. 






Tunic - City Chic (similar)
Long sleeved crop - ASOS
Belt - Second hand
Stockings - Sonsee Woman
Boots - Autograph (last season)



What do you think? I think I did pretty well updating her outfit, and making it mine. Now, if I can get Jesse to dress as Westley, I think we've got a pretty great couples costume. 


Want to join in? Add your blog to the linky below, or use the hashtag perthcurvettes on Instagram!