Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

Golf, Pancakes & Breakups

I went a whole week without blogging. It was very weird. But, I have quite a lot to say in this post. 


Friday afternoon, we went to play golf. I don't play golf. I don't ever want to play golf. But, I like walking and I like the people who were playing golf, so I went along for the walk. I also brought along some dinosaurs, because that's just what I do. I took HEAPS of photos, but I think these are the best. 












































Saturday morning I decided to make my buttermilk pancakes. I hate buttermilk. I don't know what it is about it, but it grosses me out. I can't look at it when I pour it. But, it makes these pancakes soooooo yummy.


Ingredients


2 tbsp caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups of buttermilk
unsalted butter, for cooking


Method


Mix  your sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then whisk in your eggs and buttermilk. Mix until combined. You batter will be lumpy. This is good! It should look like this
























Heat your pan over a medium heat, and brush with some butter. Then pour some batter into the pan. I like to use a 1/3 measuring cup. I use 2 of these per pancake, and it gives a really good size. 






















Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake. I like to lift mine up a little with a spatula, and if it holds it's shape, I flip it. Brush the pan with butter for each pancake, and keep them warm in a low temp oven until you are ready to eat them. Then smother them in your favourite pancake topping.
























Now for sad news. The boy and I are no longer in a relationship. This is sad. But, I decided that I need to spend some time with myself, and just be on my own for a bit. We are still going to remain incredible close friends. We are still talking and hanging out even now. It was an incredibly hard decision to have to make, because I still love and care about him very much. But, I know that this is right for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment