Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

South Indian Vegetable Curry

So, did you all check out Abby's Etsy store after I blogged about it yesterday? I certainly hope that you did!


I had a hugely busy day yesterday. Lots of exciting new business ventures on the horizon. I'll blog more about what I do at another time, but basically I provide brain training for optimal performance, getting the most out of you and your brain, and making your brain healthy basically. But, I'll explain more another time. 


I braved pump again last night. It was good, I used less weight, worked a bit harder, and I'm not sore today. This is a good thing! I didn't end up getting home until 7.30ish, so I was really glad that I had made my South Indian Veg curry the night before! Again, this is a knock together dish, that's easy and yummy and hearty. You can use any veg you want.


Ingredients


2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 fresh chilli's, chopped. (deseed them in you don't want it too hot)
A few fresh curry leaves 
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes
3 potatoes, cut into chunks
handful of peas
1 bunch of broccolini
400ml can of coconut cream (or milk)


Method


I like to combine all my spices (except the mustard seeds and curry leaves) in a bowl, so that I can just tip them in when I need too.






















Heat your olive oil in a pan, and add the mustard seeds. Fry these until they start the chili, onion and curry leaves, and cook until they are soft. 






















Then tip in your spices and cook for a few minutes. 






















Then add your potatoes (add any harder veg here, things that take a while to cook)
























Once you've mixed your potatoes in, add your tomatoes and you coconut cream
























bring to the boil, and then let simmer, uncovered for about half an hour or so. Just until the veg is tender and cooked through. In the last 5 mins of cooking, throw in your broccolini and peas. Serve with steamed rice.
























See, I told you it was easy! 


I'm really feeling like a pasta dish. So I think I'm going to make my low fat version of mac & cheese tonight. 


I also want to get a new dress to wear on my birthday. I don't want to spend a lot of money, because I'm losing weight, and don't want to invest in something that isn't going to fit me in a few weeks time. So, if anyone knows of anywhere that's got cute, cheap dresses, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment