Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Teddies & Cheese Please!

As I mentioned yesterday, I was really craving a pasta dish. So I made my awesome low fat teddies and cheese last night. It's really mac & cheese, but I never use macaroni. In fact, I usually use dinosaur pasta, but I could only get teddies last night. So I made teddies and cheese. 


Ingredients


340g pasta
1/4 cup of plain flour
1 tsp onion powder
2 cups skim milk
250g extra light shredded cheese
1 tsp chili sauce


Method


Cook your pasta in boiling water according to the packet. Once it's about half way cooked, start your sauce. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan while you finish your sauce.


Combine your milk, flour and onion powder in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and whisk until combined. Bring to the boil, whisking often, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened.
























Add your cheese to the thickened sauce and whisk until combined.
























Then whisk in your chili sauce, and it should look something like this






















Of course you can use full fat milk and super yummy delicious cheese, but as you all know I'm dieting, and so I made a low fat version. 


Now, mix it all together in the pot, grind on some salt and pepper, and serve!












































It's also really yummy if you transfer it to a baking dish, cover it in some more cheese, and sprinkle some crisps on top, and put it in the oven for a bit.


This recipe make 4 very generous servings, or 6 more respectable servings. 


I can't believe it's Thursday already! I love a short week! I have a gathering on Saturday morning with other Neurofeedback trainers, so I thought it would be fun to bake some of my brain cakes to take along. So Friday night I'll be baking those in between refreshing my hair dye. So, look out for my post about my brain cakes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment