Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

Long Weekends, Ducks & Chickpea Curry

I had a long weekend this weekend. I didn't have any clients on Friday, and it was looking like it was going to be a slow day, so I took it off! So, because I'm a lovely person, I decided to drive the Boy to Uni, and wait around while he had his 2 hour workshop, and then drive him home. UWA is a beautiful campus, so I decided to spend my 2 hours walking around it. It was a lovely coolish day, and it was so pleasant wandering around the gardens. I even saw some ducks!
































































































































Friday night brought date night. This was sorely needed, the Boy and I have had a few ups and downs lately. We went to Devilles Pad. Which is one of my favourite places. Not just because I love the kitchy theme, but because the food is good, the drinks are good, and I don't have to look at skanks all night. I ordered the Hot Hickory Hog, which I've been wanting to try for AGES, but we always seem to go on a Thursday night, and have the Demon Dinner special. I forgot to take a photo of it, as I was too busy stuffing it in my mouth. But imagine a soft round roll, piled high with mouth-wateringly tender slow cooked pork shoulder smothered in hickory BBQ sauce with a side of coleslaw. It was amazing. Alongside my pork heaven, I had a Vodka Vesuvius cocktail. I don't really know what was in it, it was pink....need I say more? We then decided we wanted to watch Rob Zombie films in bed, while drinking gin. So we hopped on home and did so. 


Saturday I headed up to my sisters for a Tupperware party. I got to hang out with a very adorable little baby girl, and of course see my favourite nephews! Not forgetting, buying some Tupperware. I decided I was going to make pizzas on Saturday night, then when I was at the shop, the Boy asked if I could make gluten free ones, so instead of making my own dough, I bought packet mix gluten free bases. Although I still had to put it all together and knead the dough, I didn't take any photo's, as I really didn't do anything. 


Sunday morning I had a gym date with Dr Blythe. Pump. It was killer. Then I SORTED OUT MY CLOTHES! Yay! I get to tick something off the list of goodness! I even sorted out all my stockings! I put them all into categories, and into zip lock bags. My draw is so neat now, it's amazing. Then I made us an early dinner of Chickpea Curry. I usually add potatoes to this, but I didn't have any, so I just left them out. It's just as good without them. 


Ingredients


Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp chili powder
1tbsp tomato paste
1 can tinned tomatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 cup stock (veg or chicken)
Steamed rice to serve


Method


 Add a slug of oil and you onions to a pan over medium heat, and cook until onions are soft. Add garlic and other spices and cook for a further 2 minutes, until spices are fragrant.























Add the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, and then simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. 






















Add your chickpeas, and simmer for a further 5. 
























Spoon over steamed rice (or couscous) and serve. 
























Easy as that! it's really good with some plain yoghurt on the top too!


Today, I can hardly move. My legs want to kill me. My arms are surprisingly OK (apart from my shoulders) but my legs...I was just getting to like squats. Now I hate them. HATE THEM!


So it's Easter this weekend. And I'm very much looking forward to a 4 days weekend, chocolate, seeing my family, chocolate, and eating lots of food and chocolate. I've ordered a whole bunch of eggs off Catch of The Day, and I really hope they arrive today. I need to sooth my aching legs with chocolate. 


Also, don't forget to check out my List of Goodness update!









No comments:

Post a Comment