Pages

Monday 30 April 2012

Picnic Photos, More Presents & The Smell of Winter

I managed to get some picnic photo's from Mum. They are mostly of the kids (not that I mind!) There are a few of the rest of the guests! (I'm only teasing) Here are some of my favourites.


Getting a cuddle from Ivy

Jacob, rocking the croquet

Bestest ever Sis-in-Law Abby, and Bro Tim

I include this as one of my favourites because
I find it highly amusing. Am I breaking into song?

Corrina, not quite getting croquet

Dad, Me, Jesse, Bec, Matt & Grace

Best kids EVER!












































































































I headed up to my Sisters yesterday, and when I got there she had a chicken, avocado & mayo sandwich waiting for me, oh so delicious! And then (after cuddles from my nephews) I got another amazing birthday present. 


















And I opened the watermelon to find




















And I opened the orange to find




















A lemon! How beautiful is this set? I don't quite know how I'm going to use it yet (maybe a handbag?) but it is so adorable.


















At work, we have decided to move from salads to soup for lunch. We all put in some money and buy the ingredients for our lunches, then usually make the the salad here. But seeing as the cold weather is (kind of!) coming in, we are changing to soups. So I thought I would start things off with my most favourite soup. Lentil soup! 


This soup reminds me of winter and of home. As soon as I smell it, I'm back at my parents house by the fire. I absolutely love it, and as a plus, it's virtually no calories!


Ingredients


7 1/2 cups of water
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 1/2 cups of lentils (I use red)
1 stock cube (veg or chicken)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sweet paprika (if you can't find sweet, any will do)
salt & pepper to taste


Method


Bring your water to boil in a large saucepan. Add your onion, carrots, celery, garlic & lentils. Bring that to the boil and add your stock, thyme, oregano & paprika. Reduce heat to low, clamp on a lid, set a timer for 55 minutes (if you are lucky like me, you will have a cupcake timer)






















After 55 minutes, your soup will be ready! Dish up your soup, add some salt & pepper to taste, and serve with some delicious, fresh bread. 


This soup is so comforting and warming. I could live on it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment