Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

What I Wore - Inspiration Carrie Bradshaw

So, the Perth Curvettes April challenge is Sex and The City. It shocked them to know that I have never actually watched it. We started to watch it together, but we always end up gabbing through it all (hey, we're girls, it's what we do) so I've seen up to halfway through season 2. 

I'm kicking off this challenge with Carrie. As soon as I saw this outfit, I knew I had to use it as my inspiration.




And here is my take on the outfit:




I really love tulle. I need more of it in my wardrobe. I love how Carrie had made a tulle skirt look effortless. I would totally wear that shopping, or out to lunch and not feel overdressed. 




Can we just take a moment for these shoes. They are so amazing. And I managed to pick them up for $20 on sale after lusting over them for weeks!




So, there you have it. That's my outfit inspired by Carrie Bradshaw!





Don't forget to check out the hashtag on instagram for some other sex and the city inspired outfits!



8 comments:

  1. I love everything about this outfit, and you really do make it look effortless!!! You make me want to revamp my style. And, OMG, those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Thank you so much! Yeah, these shoes are complete show stoppers, I had to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkles and Lace7 April 2014 at 20:33

    It is just perfect!! I am sooooo envious of the amazing skirtage you have going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's about the only thing remotely carrie like I have in my wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUDE! you just went for it and I love it! that's awesome :) I'm a new follower and glad I came across your blog :) come say hi if you get a chance, I love making new blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love the glitter shoes!

    ReplyDelete