Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

No Fuss Lemon Cheesecake

When I say this is a no fuss cheesecake, I really mean it. This is my go to when I'm in a bit of a rush. I know I say this with nearly every recipe I post, but this really is very simple to make. If you can make it the night before it's needed, then do, but if not, as long as it gets about 3 hours in the fridge, you'll be fine. 

Ingredients

250g sweet biscuits. I use either Marie or digestives
125g butter, melted
375g cream cheese, at room temperature
zest of 1 decent sized lemon
Juice of 1 decent sized lemon (I use the juice of the whole lemon, because I like my cheesecake quite tart and super lemony. If that isn't your thing, just use about 1/3 cup of lemon juice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
395g tin condensed milk

Method

Grease and line a 20cm spring form pan. 

Process biscuits in a food processor until they are all crumbled. If you don't have a food processor, pop them in a snap lock bag and go at them with a rolling pin. Once they are all nicely smooshed, mix in your melted butter until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the tin, and pop in the fridge while you make the filling.



Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the lemon rind and vanilla, and beat. Gradually add the lemon juice and condensed milk, and beat until all combined and smooth. You will probably need to scrape the sides of the bowl at least once. 


Pour the mixture into the base and pop in the fridge overnight (or for at least 3 hours).


You can decorate the top with some berries, or shaved chocolate. 



And that's it. I told you it was super easy!

You'll notice that I didn't use a springform pan. This is because I've misplace the base of mine. I just used a normal round pan, and made sure the lining was hanging over the sides, so I could pull the cake out. It is much better to use a springform pan, and you get much smoother sides (see how mine is all wrinkled from the baking paper?), but a normal pan will still work.

No comments:

Post a Comment