Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Nutella Cupcakes

I don't know how many of you know about my love affair with Nutella, but it runs deep. The other day I was sitting at home, really feeling like some cupcakes. Some Nutella frosted cupcakes to be exact. So, I made some.

I used my very favourite vanilla cupcake recipe. It, without fail, give moist, delicious cupcakes. 

Ingredients

225gm unsalted butter
225gm caster sugar
225gm self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method

Preheat your over to 175C, and place your cupcake papers in their pans. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and beat with an electric mixer until pale. About 3 minutes.




spoon the mixture into the prepared cases till about 3/4's full. This yields between 18 and 20 cupcakes, depending on the papers that you use. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in their pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool. 

Then, once they are cool, you can ice then!

Ingredients

80gm unsalted butter
250gm pure icing sugar
25ml milk
80gm Nutella

Method

Beat the butter and the sugar together with an electric mixer until combined, add milk and beat until combined, add Nutella and beat until combined. 



Try to refrain from eating the frosting directly out of the bowl, and actually pop it on your cool cupcakes. 



You can put the icing on however you like, I just like to smooth mine on with a pallet knife. Put a blog in the middle and smooth it to the edge, working around until your cupcake is covered.

Now you can eat them. 

You can of course decorate them with Malteasers or chocolate buttons or something, but I was just making these for me, so I didn't pretty them up. Plus, I had everything I needed to make them in my house, if I had had to run to the shop I probably would have bought some Malteasers to put on top.

I also made Nutella popsicles. I'll share those another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment