Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Perth Curvettes First Anniversary

It's been a year since I first met Sarah, Alex, Kate and Natalie. A year since I psyched myself up to get on the bus to go to our meeting place. To put myself out there and meet a bunch of girls I have never met before. And by golly am I glad I did!

Photo from the night we met. L-R Natalie, Kate, Me, Sarah & Alex

We quickly became the best of friends. Together we started an online body positive community for Perth women, which has grown bigger and better than any of us imagined. We host events, blog challenges, and help inspire each other. 

I value these ladies and their friendship so much I can't even put it into words. We each bring amazing and valuable qualities into our group, and each others lives. They are honest, loving, genuine, funny, and fucking fabulous. They have enriched my life, and my body positive journey more than I could ever have imagined. We always have THE BEST times together. We know we can ask a question to the group and get a genuine, honest answer. I love them with all my heart. 

And, let's not forget our late comer to the group, Katie (she had to get here from New Zealand first!) She fit right in from our first get together, and although she wasn't there in person for the first few months, she was always there in spirit, so it was easy for her to slot right in :) And we are all so glad she did!!

We decided to have a dinner party at my house to mark the occasion. And we neglected to get any photos!!!! But, it was a fabulous night, and we even had some necklaces made up to mark the occasion (more on that at another time). 


Thank you for everything you've done ladies! Here is to many more years together!