Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Nacho, Nachos

I love nachos. Love them. As a child I didn't. Well, I didn't like salsa  so whenever there was nachos on a menu, I wanted to order them. Without the salsa  My parents hated this, because they knew I wouldn't eat them. But I still wanted them. I was an extremely picky eater as a child. I hated butter (! butter, can you believe it!), mayo, sauce...my favourite burger was a meat pattie and a bun. That's it. Nothing else. gross. 

Luckily, my palate changed, and now I love food. Except seafood, that stuff's rank. And I now love nachos. Complete with salsa. So, here is my recipe for nachos

Ingredients

500gm beef mince
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of corn chips (I like to use plain, but you can use whichever ones you like)
1 jar of salsa (I like to use medium)
lots and lots of grated cheese (I use a pre-grated 4 cheese mix for my nachos. It melts nicely and doesn't go oily)

Method

Preheat your oven to about 180C. Then cook your mince in a pan over medium heat. Once meat is browned, mix in your taco seasoning. They usually tell you to add water, I never do. 

Once your mince is cooked through, it's time to build your nachos! I like to start with a layer of mince, then some corn chips, then some salsa, then repeat, then top the whole thing with a mountain of cheese.










Pop this mound of deliciousness in the oven until your cheese is melted and bubbling. 



I don't even bother dishing out portions. I just spoon lashings of sour cream on top, and plonk it on the table with as many forks as needed. 

2 comments: