Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

I've Waited 7 Years, and I wasn't Disappointed

That's right. 7 years to see Two Gallants. And it was AMAZING. I could have sat through the entire show again. Right away. I wasn't ready for it to end. 



My outfit for the evening
It was an absolutely wonderful evening. There was a lovely breeze, the venue was just delightful, the food was good (Pulled pork roll? Yes please!). We got a bottle of French Champagne (it was $35 for a plastic cup, or $100 a bottle, go figure!).

Me and Jesse before the show

The venue

More venue
I felt a bit sorry for the band, because I don't think a huge portion of the audience were familiar with them. This happens when bands come as part of the Perth Festival, people just buy tickets to everything, which is good, because they experience new things, but also bad for little bands like Two Gallants, because I feel like they feel like people didn't enjoy the show, which I don't think was the case. 

Fountain

Abby, Alex & Tim
We came across them when my littlest brothers best friends girl friend saw them play in a  club in San Francisco (where they hail from) and bought back a live demo. This was before they were even signed to a label, or had any sort of ep out. There was the opportunity for us to see them in New York 7 years ago, but they were playing at the Bowery Ballroom, and it was 21+ show. They wouldn't even let the under agers in with Dad. So, I waited. And I waited. And finally, I got to see them. And I was not disappointed. 

Waiting, waiting!
They played a whole mix of stuff. Stuff from their new album, and stuff from older albums. Like I said, I could have sat through it again. What a fun night!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit! Glad you had a great time!

    -Susan from stylingwithsusieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! And i love the second venue picture, and the one of the three people at the table, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl, they are amazing.
    I hope they will coma back soon in France, if missed them the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely venue! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete