Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

Leek & Goats Cheese Tart

Firstly, if anyone has commented using Google+, I am not ignoring you, I can see your comments, they just aren't showing up properly, and I am not able to reply. I'm working on it!!

I thought I would share my recipe for leek and goats cheese tart. This, as with all my recipes, is super easy to make!

Ingredients

2  sheets puff pastry, thawed
3 leeks, chopped
20gm butter
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs water
150g goat cheese


Method

Preheat the oven to 200C. Place your butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add your chopped leeks, and cook until starting to turn golden brown




Meanwhile, place your pastry sheets on top of each other, and score a border about 1.5cm from the edge. Then prick the centre with a fork. 


Pop this in the oven for about 10 minutes - so it just starts to puff up.

Mix your vinegar, sugar and water in a bowl, and season your goats cheese



Once your leeks are starting to brown, pour over the vinegar mixture, and allow to cook for another 5 minutes or so


Remove from heat, and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Remove your pastry from the oven, the middle should be puffed up, so just push that down. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. 

Then spread your goats cheese over the centre of the pastry (I use my hands for this!)




Then top with your leeks


Pop this in the oven for about 30 mins, or until the pastry is all puffed up and golden.


Simple, and delicious!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I love leek pie so much, it's my fave!

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete